Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

my step son is having £47 per week taken from his wages of£170

Customer Question

my step son is having £47 per week taken from his wages of£170 and is struggling to keep up his rent payments.these csa payments about 3 months ago. the lady involved claims he is the father of her child but refused to do a dna test. my step son is not named as the father on the birth certificate and does not deny he could be the father,he has never been allowed access and the child is now nine years old.the mother has moved from the area and her wherabouts are not known to him.my stepson does not mind paying for the child feels he shoul be allowed access. he would like the payments reduced a bit as being with an agency he does not always get a full weeks work.idont understand how after 9 years, with no access and no proof of him being the dad the csa can take this moneyfrom his wages
Thank your for your question.
I will do my best to assist you but I do need some further information first.
When did your son first hear from the CSA an dhow much are the arrears?
Claire