13262538

COMPLEX case.to cut a very long story short. Few years ago,

Customer Question

COMPLEX case. to cut a very long story short. Few years ago, my son sexually assaulted his younger sister. i called Police. Social Services became involved. Despite me taking measures to protect my daughter by changing my work hours to evening and taking her with me, changing jobs and becoming a dinner lady so I'll be at home before & after school and holidays....eventually stop working altogether and remained on benefits until daughter turned 18. Social services has labelled me A BAD MOTHER who did NOTHING to PROTECT my DAUGHTER! Now my 5 year old grandson (another daughter's son) has been taken into care because they say she has mental health problems. Social has rejected my application to become guardian of my ONLY grandchild because of the above. If they would check with my former employers and DHSS they will have proof that what I say is true but they refuse to believe me. How do I clear my name. I can't sleep and my life is now a nightmare.

My grandson has been in Social Services care since November 17th. 2012. 

I fear that this is physiologically damaging him as he is in constant tears and has asked me if I hate him and why can't he come home.

I'm 60 years old and is now suffering severe depression as a result.

Thank your for your question.
I will do my best to assist but need some further information first.
When is the next care hearing and what does the Child's Guardian say?
Have you have an independent assessment made?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have had an assessment done by the Social Worker dealing with the case. She gave me some positive feedback whilst she carried out the said assessment but notified a week later that I was declined because I could not protect a child and due to my age etc.

As yet, I haven't been told when is the next Care hearing. What I do know is, the final decision was to be made in May but has now been put back to July.

I have regular contact with Dylon's mother but none with the S.services guardian.

If you have the benefit of Legal Aid then your solicitor can ask the court for permission to have an Independent Assessment of you completed by an Independent Social worker for submission to the court
You can also get help and assistance from the Family Rights Group (www.frg.org.uk)
I hope that this helps - please ask if you need further clartification
Claire