How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Kasare Your Own Question
Kasare, Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 204
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Kasare is online now

hi just seperated from my partner of 14 years had a house together

Customer Question

hi just seperated from my partner of 14 years had a house together but the morgage is in her name how do i stand thanks
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
I will do my best to assist you but need some further information first.
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
What financial contribution have you made to the property and are there any children involved?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

the house is worth 250.000 outstanding is 90.000 no children involved ive made 14 years contribution out of joint bank account what am i intitled to.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

just an answer to the question would be nice

Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
My apologies for the delay
I am afraid I need to know what specific financial contribution you made to the house - this is what your claim is based on