13262538

I am currently starting divorce proceedings however have discovered

Customer Question

I am currently starting divorce proceedings however have discovered that the middle name on my marriage certificate is completely wrong. Does this mean that my marriage in legal terms is not valid anyway?
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.

Law Denning :

How long have you been married?

No matter how long you have been married this error on your marriage certificate does not in anyway invalidate the legality of the marriage
However what you do need to be aware of is that you must address this error on the Petition if you want the Decree Absolute to be in the correct name.
This is done by saying " Jane Alice Smith (erroneously described as "jane Mabel Smith on the marriage certificate)
I hope that this is of assistance
Claire