13262538

Hi my wife left me just over 2and a half years ago taking our

Customer Question

Hi my wife left me just over 2and a half years ago taking our son with her, I've payed her maintainance of 250 every month since she left, which is what she asked for, untill recently I've had to reduce it to 200, which she agreed to after a chat about my income declining due to the recession, she also sent me divorce papers in February which stated how much I give her and saying I could have my son Saturday afternoon through to Sunday tea time and also pick him up from school on a Tuesday and drop him to school on the Wednesday morning, which I agreed to. She does not work and has a new man which she has had another child with living with her, but every time she is having financial problems or finds out things I have done or doing she asks for more money! She is also putting lies and slandering me on Facebook to her friends, saying I'm a liar, and other stupid things about not buying my son birthday presents. This is all rubbish, I just don't tell her what I'm doing as it nothing to do with her anymore, I found out about the facebook thing through my friend an family. Can she stop me seeing my son on Tuesdays.
I will do my best to assist you but need some further information first.
How much do you earn after tax each month?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It varies as I'm self employed but its approx £1400
You can check on the CSA calculator here
https://www.gov.uk/calculate-your-child-maintenance
how much you should be paying - but sadly there is little that you can do about the nonsense she posts of Facebook.
The law says that a child has the right to regular contact with both parents and the courts will enforce it if necessary.
You should try and discuss matters with your ex using Family Mediation (www.familymediationhelpline.co.uk) but if she does try and decrease your contact you may have to make an application to the court for a Defined Contact Order - or even a shared Residence order which can then be enforced
I hope that this is of assistance but please feel free to ask for further information
Claire