She is 55 and i am 56.
Our son is 30 and has been living away since he was 20.
The Consent Order was completed in Dec; and a couple of weeks ago i had to provide a little more information for the Court. So hopefully soon the ABSOLUTE will be approved.
There was a delay; as the court has been sending letters addressed to me directly to the solicitors representing my x. Because it was an amicable separation; i decided not to have a solicitor, and the solicitors acting for my X did the paper etc.
Though i did speak to them last week as to why they were receiving letters addressed for me, and why wasn't the court sending any correspondence directly to me and not to them? Her solicitor could not give a clear answer; but i have asked for them to get in contact with the court to request any correspondence addressed to me should be sent to me? Any idea why this may happen: Could there be a conflict of Interest?
My x and i separated in 2009 after 30 years marriage as i was divorcing her for unreasonable behaviour.
The court did send the paper work back for some alteration/clarification of some information; All to my benefit; e.g.: If i die; then the spousal maintenance stops.
I am to pay spousal maintenance which ceases at 65(when i retire)
The court recently requested clarification as to what i did with the 50k payoff from my x for my share of the marital home. I explained it was used as a deposit to enable me to get on the housing ladder.
As i have been asked twice over the past few months for further information; will these get added to/update the consent order? Would it also be worth asking for a copy?
The job i am doing now is no-longer required, but there is another job that is being made available. I have looked at the job description, and i only meet or am able to do appx 25% of the Job Desirables and Essentials.
plus there will be other people who have been with the company far longer than i going for it. Plus, if i volunteer for redundancy, i will get a reasonable pay off. Either way it is 95% certain i am leaving the company.
It is very likely i will get another job, but i do not have many qualifications. I have the chance of a job with a Church/Charity starting in August; it will not pay much apparently. But likely my x will be on more salary than me.
I do get a RAF Pension; which my x also gets 50%.(£298 each)per month.
On speaking with my manager yesterday, he reckons it will be likely i will be going.
Although we have it in writing that i will pay the monthly payment of £600; my wife agreed and is aware, that this amount is only possible if i remain in this job or find another job of similar salary. The company laying off a third of its workforce came as a bit of a shock, but i suppose in this day and age then its nothing new.
Because of my age and lack of qualifications; i will likely not find a salary similar to what i have at this time.
As the ABSOLUTE has not yet been given, would it be worthwhile to let the court/her solicitors know that as of 1 July i will be made redundant(95% likely); so no more £600 monthly payment?
The Order is now before the court.
The redundancy news came appx 9 days ago; a bit out of the blue.
Although 95% certain i am leaving; even through Volunteer Redundancy; due no suitable job for me; It should be confirmed around the 17th May that i am leaving. So i thought i would wait until i received confirmation before saying anything to her solicitors. Although my X is aware that my job situation is pending.
Thank you for the information