13262538

My ex partner and I share a house he isnt paying toward the

Customer Question

My ex partner and I share a house he isn't paying toward the mortgage, council tax, water rates or house insurance although he does pay into electricity and gas, he is working although tells me he isn't, he wants to sell the house but has lost out on sales due to wanting a bigger price I had to move back in as I have legal custody of our granddaughter and could no longer afford the costs of private renting, I'm now paying the arrears on the mortgage and council tax as well as the usual monthly bills all I have as my income is my pension and special guardianship allowance, we both live in the property but separately can I demand he pays his full share
Thank you for your question, I will do my best to assist you.
I am afraid that there is no basis on which you can actually force your ex to pay his way whilst he is living there.
If the house is sold you can ask the court to take account of the payments that you have made and give you a larger share of the equity - but there is no other action you can take I am afraid.
I know this is not the news that you wanted but I hope it is of assistance
Claire