13262538

My ex is requiring my income statement for guardianship , is

Customer Question

My ex is requiring my income statement for guardianship , is that part of the procedure?
I shall do my best to assist you but need some further information in order to do so.
Could you explain what action is currently ongoing and what is being applied for?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
We are applying for the guardianship of my son.
I am not on his birth certificate and
We are now separated since one year .
Until now I was looking after him 3 days nights a week and taking him to school 3 times a week too.
I have a verbal arrangement with his mum and I put in my son's account £100/week and provide for him.
She has apparently a lawyer who require my income statement on top of the form for legal parental rights .
I am not 100% sure about that and I wonder if it is necessary ?
Will it be a proof that I can provide for him?
And what my ex could do with those documents against my will?
Thank you so much .
Nick
Which part of the UK are you in?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
London
How old is your son and do you mean that you have applied for Parental Responsibility and a shared residence order?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
My son is now 7 years old and we applied only parental responsibility .
The situation with my ex is very tricky. I do not know what to expect from her , one minute she is nice and the next minute she is angry...
That's fine.
Has your ex agreed to your having Parental Responsibility?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes
Just to check.
She has agreed to sign the Parental Responsibility Agreement - has it been drafted yet?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I just sign my part and wrote my name on the parental responsibility agreement . She has not sent it and yet , her lawyer is waiting for my income statement .
There is no need for the financial matters to be dealt with prior to the Agreement being signed and you should write to her solicitor and ask for them to deal with this first.
Having said that I am afraid that it is not unreasonable for them to ask about your financial situation to assess whether or not there is a financial application that their client can make.
I hope that this assists - please ask for further clarification if necessary
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
So it's not required by law ?
Not before the Agreement is signed no - however she does not have to sign the agreement - so giving her the information may be a better option then having to apply to the court for Parental Responsibility
Claire