13262538

My ex seems to think he doesnt have to pay any more maintance

Customer Question

My ex seems to think he doesnt have to pay any more maintance when my daughter reaches 18 i have a court order and it says he pays till 18 or till she finishes full time education
Thank you for your question, I shall do my best to assist you but I need some further information first.
What is your daughter doing at the moment?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Claire, she is in fulltime college doing Alevels this is her first year she has another year left

Then you are entirely correct he does have to continue paying maintenance and if he stops then you can apply to the court to enforce the Order.
A simple letter reminding him of the wording and that you WILL enforce the Order if necessary may be all that is required.
I hope that this is of assistance to you.
If you need further clarification please do not hesitate to ask
Claire