Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

Canextant take my son to live abroad if My ex does not have

Customer Question

Canextant take my son to live abroad if My ex does not have parental responsibility?
I shall do my best to assist you but I need some further information first.
How old is your child and what contact does he have with his father.
Where do you wish to take him?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
He currently sees him every other weekend.

I am relocating to Hong Kong for work and the job offer includes private school and also flights for every holiday to come back to see his dad. That would equate to more time than he sees him currently.

I have got him in to a really good mainstream school which caters for his special needs - autism and is better than what's on offer here. The life will be great for him, but his dad says he wants to stop us going.

I wrote an email with all the details and plus points and he refuses any rational conversation. I have now requested a family meeting with his mum and my dad present to try and get a discussion going.

He also is now trying to say my son does not want to go which is not true he just does not want to be caught in the middle. I don't think he should have talked to him.

He does not have parental responsibility as my son was born in 2002.

Can I legally leave as I have tried talking and if I go will not withhold any access.