13262538

i am a foster parent of a seven month baby girl,i have had

Customer Question

i am a foster parent of a seven month baby girl,i have had her since she was two days old and we have told social services we would like to be approved for adopting her.I seems that they are egnoring me and making plans for her to be adopted elsewere when her birth mother looses her court case at the end of this month.we as a family adore the baby and she is really happy with us,is there anything we can do before it is to late.

L Batchelor
Thank you for your question, I will do my best to assist you.
I am sorry but sadly the child would have to have been in your care for at least three years in order for you to be able to make your own application to the court.
Otherwise I am afraid that the child will be released for placement and matching in the usual way.
I appreciate that this is not what you wished to hear but sadly it is the position that you are in - unless the child has special needs which mean that the Guardian is likely agree that she should not be disrupted from her placement with you
You can get support here
http://www.fostering.net/
I hope that this is of assistance - please let me know if you need further clarification
Claire