Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

Im a 40 year old autistic dad of 2 beautiful autistic children.

Customer Question

I'm a 40 year old autistic dad of 2 beautiful autistic children. I'm seperated from my wife , we seperated due to her having continuous affairs. I want custody of my children, I've held a steady job for 18 years, when we were living together she never looked after them, I was always the one who looked after them, fed them, put them to bed and read them bedtime stories. Even now I believe she only wants custody so she can live on benefits. I will do whatever it takes for my children, I just don't know how to do this. The kids have been in the care of close friends for over a year because of her lifestyle and drug taking, social services have been supporting this arrangement. She recently took the children back even though she has rarely visited them or shown any interest in them, because she could no longer rely on my financial support for herself, and my children are in receipt of disability benefits.
I shall do my best to assist you but I need some further information first.
How old are the children and when did you last live with them.
Why were the children living with friends rather than you?
Claire