13262538

We have just found out that the father of my girlfriends daughter

Customer Question

We have just found out that the father of my girlfriends daughter has been flashing his own daughter on a regular basis for the last 2 years. He is a known and convicted flasher, but she had (perhaps being naive) thought he would never do it to his own daughter. Sha has just turned 9.

We are currently in a custody battle and awaiting cafcass reports. But this is brand new and very distressing.

My first thoughts are to involve the I am so angry olice immediately. Is this correct or should we inform cafcass first? My understanding is that we need to involve the police straight away. Understandably, we want to deny further access to the child, even though the courts have granted once a week access for 1 day each weekend.

I am so angry. I want the sneaky pervert out of pur lives.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes. Thank you. But going to police tonight

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Thank you for your question, I will do my best to assist you but I need some further information first.
Given his perpetrator history have social services been involved with the family at all?
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, not to my knowledge. Cafcass are currently compiling a report for the court assessing risk. His history has been of flashing (low level) the information concerning his exposing himself to his daughter has only just come to light.

Who did the child disclose this to?
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Her mother
Given the position that you are in it woudl be sensible to report the matter to CAFCASS first as otherwise there is the risk that your partner could be accused of manufacturing the accusation.
Once CAFCASS are aware it is certain that Social Services will be involved so be prepared for a lengthy period of scrutiny.
I hope that this is of assistance but please ask if you have any further queries
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
We did speak to carcass yesterday. They were rude, short tempered and did bot want to offer any kind of support or advice. Told that they assess risk and do not investigate. Very unhappily.
Charming aren't they.
In that case your next step is to report the matter to Social Services and let them take the matter further.
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you. Is notifying the police the best way to do this??
It would be better to go via the Social Services route.
You need to tread carefully because of the ongoing proceedings and this would be a more subtle way of approaching the matter
Claire