13262538

can i still make my step dad my legal guardian or legally adopt

Customer Question

can i still make my step dad my legal guardian or legally adopt me even though i am over 18?
Thank you for your question, I shall do my best to assist you.
Unfortunately it is not possible for an adult to be adopted in the UK - and a Guardian would only be appointed if you were unable to deal with your own financial affairs.
However there is nothing to stop you from changing your name using a Change of Name deed so that you share your step fathers name - and it is up to you who you name as next of kin when you are asked to give a name.
I appreciate that this is disappointing = please ask if you need further information
Claire