Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

Parental Rights

Customer Question

I am currently going through a marriage separation and my husband is disabled with severe uncontrolled epilepsy. I am therefore the primary carer for our 3 year old. My husband has asked that he take our little boy on holiday,for a week, with his own mother. I feel this would not only be disruptive to our child's pre-school routine but also be very unsafe. His mother is over 60 and my husband has several fits a day. Am i able to stop them, and if so, does the same apply when he wants our son to visit him for the weekend at his mothers house?

Thank you for your question I shall do my best to assist you but I need some further information first.
How old is his mother and is she still working?
Claire