Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

My friend has split up with his ex-partner, they have a joint

Customer Question

My friend has split up with his ex-partner, they have a joint mortgage, he has bought another house which he is living in so is paying mortgage on both houses. She has been out of work for 8 months is refusing all options given to her i.e buying her out, buying my friend out, extending the mortgage to bring payments down, putting it up for sale, they have an 11 year old daughter which he shares custody of he has her 2/3 times a week and works full time. His expartner doesn't work as was asked to leave her last job due to some sort of discrepancies over petty cash etc. My friend is now being hassles by the CSA to pay for his daughter which he pays more than his fair share, child care, clothes, food holidays etc. His expartner is refusing to discuss anything he has been to a solicitor but presume she is ignoring any letters sent to her. He is now becoming ill with the stress and worry and is incomings are less than his outgoings how can he manage to get the house on the market and sold so both get equal share
Thank your for your question
I shall do my best to assist you but I need some further information first.
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
What income does he have and how much is the mortgage that he is paying?
Claire