Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

My Ex wife and I went to court over 10 years ago regarding

Customer Question

My Ex wife and I went to court over 10 years ago regarding our former home and it was agreed that she would keep the house as the children were living with her. In all this time, she has only recently seen fit to sort out the paperwork, so my name has remained on the deeds since. After the agreement was made, she did all she possibly could to force me to take the children with me, which I ended up doing about 3 years ago once my financial situation allowed me to do so.
What I would like to ask, is it possible for me to get the original order reversed seeing that my ex has not kept to her part of the agreement regarding looking after the children?
Luigi
Thank you for your question I shall do my best to assist you but I need some further information first.
Was this an Order eventually made by Consent between you - does it include those words towards the top?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi, not sure what you mean by the phrase :

"Was this an Order eventually made by Consent between you - does it include those words towards the top?"

If you're referring to whatever documentation may have been issued at the proceedings, I'm not sure as I never received anything, as I was homeless at the time.

By agreement I mean what was decided in court during those proceedings with the help of the judge. The judge was of the opinion that, as the children were living with their mother, then she should keep the house, opinion which I agreed with for the children's sake.

However after all this time since this agreement/order, my ex wife has not bothered until recently to sort out the paperwork. I think I forget to mention that at the same time, it was agreed that while she would keep the house, the endowment policy and whatever it was worth, would go to me.

What I really would like to know, is there a time limit on enforcing the agreement/ order, and as the situation has now changed, in that I am now the parent caring for the children, can I go back to court to request a reversal of the original decision?

Luigi

Just for clarity and so that I understand and can give the right information.
There was a dispute between you about what should happen financially - you could not agree anything so eventually the Judge made the decision.
Do you have a copy of his order?
Claire