Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

in divorce financial hearing my ex wife claimed I had nothing

Customer Question

in divorce financial hearing my ex wife claimed I had nothing to do with the purchase of a property. At that time I was seriously ill and was unable to remeber things.
She stated that at no time did I have anything to do with the purchase of the property and there was no intention for me to live there.
I can now prove that he stated on the mortage application that I would live in the property and as a result the building Society made it a condition of the loan that I signed a Form 1 giving them prior rights over mine.
I want to summons her for perjury as I have lost a charge of over £50,000 as a result of her lies
Thank you for your question
I shall do my best to assist you but I need some further information first.
What financial contribution did you make to the purchase?
Did you ever live in the property?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes she admitted I spent £5,000 on doing the property up.

The finacial side was I owned a hotel where we lived free of charge all her income from her work was kept by her as agreed. I covered private cost of breast cancer treatment including two operations and 4 week radio therepy.

I had to stay at the hotel at night for safty reasons but came home for dinner every night. She disputed this. but it was well known that adter lunch I went to the property and could be reached at that property.

I also covered the mortagage taken out in my sons name for a property in Birmingham whilst he was at Uni. She was guarantor so her earning would not cover the two mortages my father gave me the amount of the birmingham mortage to invest with the society where both mortages were taken out. We also owned a property jointly in Rugby and she had the rent from that property.

So she acknowledged that you made a financial contribution - and it was accepted that the mortgage was taken out whilst you were married - so how would the new information change things?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

She stated I had nothing to do with the purchase of the property that we were parted. Her words were there was no intention of him living there or having anuything to do with it. I said I had spent about £9,000 on the property she denied me ever staying there or coming home for dinner each day. The court accepted her evidence.

We did not have the knowledge that she must have declared on the mortage application that I would occupy the property and that I had signed a form 1 as required by the builduing society. That would show she lied to the court and as such I should have a 50% claim on the property

How long were you married?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

30 odd years. The olny thing I want is she lied about me never being involved with the purchase of the property and "That she had no intention of me living there or having anything to do with the purchase"

My brain is now back and the building Society has sent me a copy of the form 1 that I signed so she must have put me down as a person that would be living at the property, contary to her evidence.

How much was the house worth and how much was outstanding on the mortgage?
Claire