13262538

My daughter has had her 3 children adopted and at the time

Customer Question

My daughter has had her 3 children adopted and at the time the agreement was that we would get letters and photos twice a year. My daughter and I receive the letters but no photos at all since the adoption was finalised which is very upsetting considering that we were assured photos when the adoption was going through the court. Is there anything we can do as it feels like a breach of promise?
Thank you for your question
I shall do my best to assist you but need some further information first.
How old are the children and when were they taken into care?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

They're 7, 6 and 4 and have been adopted since 2008

I am afraid that there is no basis on which the adoptive parents can be forced to send photographs.
I agree that it is not fair since it is not what was agreed - but sadly once they were adopted then the wishes of the adoptive parents became the deciding factor.
HOWEVER there is no reason why your daughter should not make a formal complaint to Social Services that the original agreement is not being kept to
I appreciate that this is disappointing news - but please ask if you need further clarification
Claire