Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

im in the long process of divorce, I have two children aged

Customer Question

im in the long process of divorce, I have two children aged 16 and 19 with my husband of 24 years, our daughter wants to go to university in September but cannot apply for a student loan for the first year course, my ex plays dangle carrot games with our daughter he is continually harassing her via texts and unless she responds to his beckon call she gets nasty texts. he said he would pay for the course but they fell out last night and now he threatens he wont. Is he liable for her fees? his whole attitude towards her is making her very depressed as he is a control freak. Not a day goes by where he doesn't upset her. she has worked very heard to get a place in September. Our finances are still tied up in property and until sold I cant help as I don't work. Also im told by my lawyer that im liable for half his debt? which includes any tax he is due to pay. is this correct as he has been left here nearly two years and we are awaiting property to sell before the assets can be divided fair.
Thank you for your question
I will do my best to assist you but need some further information first.
Why can your daughter not apply to Student finance?
Does he actually have the funds available to pay for the course?
Claire