13262538

Hello, Unfortunatley my daughter will not allow me to see

Customer Question

Unfortunatley my daughter will not allow me to see my grandsons. We had a disagreement four months ago and i have only seen the boys twice in that time. The eldest child lived with me for 5+ years he is 7 now and the baby who is 1yrs old i have'nt seen as often as i would like. I dont know what to do, the eldest child is suffering because he misses us. Iv been told that he cry's at night due to not seeing us very often. This is tearing me apart. I hope you can give me some guidance.
Mrs J
Thank you for your question I will do my best to assist you.
Whilst grandparents have no automatic right even to apply to the court for contact they can ask the court for permission to do so and it is usually granted.
The court is looking at the best interests of the children and since you have an existing relationship with the child there is every chance that the court would make an order allowing you contact - certainly with the older child.
Before starting court proceedings you should try and discuss matters with your ex using Family Mediation (www.familymediationhelpline.co.uk)
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further information
Claire