Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

I am a male victim of domestic violence, my partner is an alcoholic,

Customer Question

I am a male victim of domestic violence, my partner is an alcoholic, on holiday recently (overseas) she attacked me whilst drunk, she called the police and told them that I had assaulted her, following a visit to the police station I was released with no charge as she failed a breathalyser test and was too incoherent for them to take a statement, back in the UK now I have received papers ordering me not to go within 100 metres of her or her property and that a court date has been set. My family are distraught with worry and I need some advice as to my next steps, Do I need to attend court? Do I need to make a statement? What happens next if the court uphold her request? She makes her intentions clear in the statement that she wishes to have me arrested on British soil and charged with assault. She is in full time employment but has gone through a charitable organisation and therefore has obtained free representation. Could someone please advice me the best course if action. Many thanks.
HI.

Thank you for your question . My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

In order to give you an answer tailored to your circumstances, I will just need to ask you some preliminary questions so that I can consider your position from all angles.

Have you been arrested/charged?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi Jo, No I have not been charged or arrested.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
FOR JOMO1972. Hi Jo, I have not been arrested or charged.
Sorry but this isn't really my area as you are really asking about a non molestation order.

I will opt out for others.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
FOR JOMO1972 Yes the order refers to a non molestation. Do I hold on now for one your colleagues to contact me? Regards, John.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.
Hello John,

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi Nicola, Many thanks for your help but I will have to ask you to cancel this question for me. I am now due back at work and will be overseas shortly too so I cannot wait unfortunately. Am I right to presume my credit card will not be charged now? Kind Regards, John.
Hello John,

Yes, we will refund the charges for you and you should receive email confirmation of that.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Many thanks Nicola, Have a good day. Kind Regards. John.