Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

I have recently found out my wife has been having an affair,

Customer Question

I have recently found out my wife has been having an affair, which may not be the first time and wondered what the legalities are of the relationship split. Is it always 50/50, irrelevant of the circumstances, or does it depend on the circumstances? We are planning too split but I need to know how we go about deciding what to do, how to do it, and what I am entitled to as the injured party in the affair. We have 2 children to think about so would need to discuss visiting rights etc
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes I am fine to wait. We are going to try and mediate this between ourselves so any advice on this too would be appreciated.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Thank you for your question
I shall do my best to assist you but I need some further information first
How old are the children and who is their main carer?
What are the assets and debts worth?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Our children are 6 and 3. My wife had been the main career because I work full time. Now she does part time hours. Since we have been in our current house (around 6 years now) I have been the main contributor to the mortgage and bills but I don't know if this makes a difference? Our house is worth around £190000 with a mortgage of about £120000. The only other debt we have is a credit card bill of around £1500. We have a savings account with around £1000 in.
How much do you each earn?
Claire

Just a quick reminder, there is an information request waiting for you here from the Professional. It means they need more information from you before they can give you a full answer.

Please feel free reply to the Expert on this question page.