Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

I have received a solicitors letter from my ex

Customer Question

I have received a solicitors letter from my ex partner regarding my intention to relocate 60 miles away from his current address. I currently liveXXXXX The move would involve our 12 year old son. My reasons for intending to move are that I would have a much smaller mortgage and be more financially stable. I would be nearer my sister although further away from my mother....it would be half way between the two. My daughter is also considering relocating after me to the same area. An ex partner who I parted with on bad terms is allegedly in the process of moving to my current area. The school I am considering sending my son to is I feel more suited to his needs in areas of DT, Construction etc. In consideration to my son and his father maintaining a good level of contact it is my thoughts that I would install skype, allow regular phone contact and extended stays in the school period. Also every other weekend to share a 50/50 commute with his father for a weekend visitation. (His father currently see's him Tuesday and Thursday overnight and every other weekend) His paternal grandparents pick him up from school and then take him to his fathers/Fathers partners house when someone is home from work. The solicitors letter proposes that should I move out of the county that Jack reside with him and his partners and half sisters. Also if I do move that he will be applying for a prohibitive steps order and applying for residence. What is your opinion. Would he get a residence order?? Could he stop me from moving?? Am I being unreasonable?? I have been a good parent as far as I know. Never been abusive etc. For some reason my e'mail address is not working. Saying it's registered to another user. Address is XXXX  XXXXX.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your question
I shall do my best to assist you but I need some further information first.
How does your son feel about the proposed move?
Claire

Just a quick reminder, there is an Information Request waiting for you here from the Professional.

This means that the Expert needs some more information to be able to give you the best answer possible. You may reply to the Expert on this page as many times as is necessary in order to obtain an answer.