13262538

My dad is the executor of a will along with another relative.

Customer Question

My dad is the executor of a will along with another relative. My dad is in poor health and unable to carry out the role of executor. The solicitor in charge of the estate says that he can sign a form to absolve him of his duties. What are the implications for the estate if my dad signs this form?
Thank you for your question I shall do my best to assist you.
Other than the fact that there will be only one executor (not a problem) there is no implication for the estate at all.
It simply means only one person will obtain probate and sign the paperwork - which is fine
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further information
Claire