13262538

if i bought a property when i was sepereat but not divored

Customer Question

if i bought a property when i was sepereat but not divored what will afecte me
Thank you for your question
I shall do my best to assist you but I need some further information first.
How long were you living together and are there any children involved?
What assets and debts are there ?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hi we have been for 5 years and have three children and i bought a property after three years sepereated

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

16 June 2013 19:15EST

hi we have been for 5 years and have three children and i bought a property after three years separated

Who owns the property she and the children live in?
How much are the properties worth?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

HI

i own the house after we separated three yeas later and she live with children somewhere ales .the house is worth 250,000 pound and i just need to know did she has the right to share with on the house if i need to divorced now ?

Yes the house that you have purchased forms part of the assets that the court will consider for division
What the amount of her claim will be will depend on ho much is outstanding on the mortgage and who owns the house your ex is living in
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further information
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It not clear i own the house we do not live tegether .I boughted after three years separated and i live on the house so if she has right to claim can she claim at any time? or only when we do the divorce .and the court consider for division do you think will be 50/50?

It is entirely clear that you own the house and that you do not live together - and that you purchased after the separation.
However she does indeed still have a right to make a claim - but without more knowledge of the extent of the assets I cannot possibly comment on the extent of her possible claim
Claire