Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

Hello I had tried to represent myself at a two day hearing

Customer Question

Hello I had tried to represent myself at a two day hearing Family Law divorce
Its been a four year battle. Anyhow yeasterday was reasonable and i swore part of my evidence and it concluded with the judge stating that I must file evidence tomorwow with regard to the agreement in principle and supporting evidence of the othersides actions which have caused all this delay and expense. I had to do 3 copies I spent till 2 in the morning doing this and arrived at court with my mckenzie friend. The barrister for my husband came to the room and asked for his copies . I said I would have to just split them and No them ( he told me this needed doing ) This was ten minutes before the hearing I then gave a bundle witnesed by my friend to the court orderly and asked him to give the barrister this. When I went into court the barrister told the judge he hadnt received this. The judge was cross and asked to see my bundle I gave it to him and he was awful stated I had delayed the proceeding and he intended making an order so I questioned this because a) Initially in these proceeding s I had asked for a penal notice and contempt order regarding my ex 338468 thousand he had disclosed ) and also I had discovered and it admitted my trust allocation within the proceedings had been interfered with ) The judge has ignored all this I had been told I had to file evidence and then my husband
In the meantime i offered the barrister my copies and he basically caused a row via the judge and stated this case had gone on long enought It was obvious he did not want his client to testyfy. Anyhow I was subject to a nasty attitude with the judge and I got tearful and refused to go back in to court. The barrister and my husbands solicitor followed me and tried to persuade my mckenzie friend to have a word and offered 160000 as the order would be done and I would be liable for the costs out of this 160000
I dont know what to do. The barrister prior to yesterday had been with the judge before the first days hearings started. The barrister was outside with the judge last night. I just dont know what to do. My husband is a millionaire and I now have no where to live only in a room with my little dog.
Thank you for your question
I shall do my best to assist you but need some further information first.
How long were you living together for?
How long have the proceedings taken?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hello my husband and I were married in 1979 and lived together four years previous to that so approximate 4 yrs the divorce proceedings have dragged on approx 4 yrs I discovered the my husbsnd trusts were meddled with this week 2 days before the final hearing
What were you originally asking for on the first day of the hearing?
Claire