Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

My husband threw me out of my home, and he kept my two daughters,

Customer Question

My husband threw me out of my home, and he kept my two daughters, they are 16 and 14, what age do they have to be when i can claim my half of the house also my husband said that the years im not living there i will lose that money is this true weve been separated for 2 years now.
I shall do my best to assist you but I will need some further information first
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
What other assets and debts are there
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hi

The House would be worth £300 thousand and outstanding mortgage would be about £150 thousand. no other assets or debts.

How much does he earn and how much does a three bedroom property in the same general area cost?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

he earns about 45k its a four bedroom house and they are around 300-350 thousand, also another question is he has asked me to contact hmrc to change the details about child benefit as its in my name even though i do not claim this it goes to his bank what would this me for me.

Sorry do you mean a smaller house would cost more?
Claire