James Mather
James Mather,
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
11292137

My child is set to fly away with his farther for a weeks holiday

Customer Question

My child is set to fly away with his farther for a weeks holiday on the 28th July he flys from a local airport 10 mins away from my house at 3pm on the afternoon, the farther my ex has said he wants to collect the child on the 27th July. This is my time with the child and is also my husbands birthday and we had plans to celebrate it, we suggested bringing the child to the airport on the Sunday at what ever time they wish we even offered them a lift to the airport, but he won't budge and says he will take us to court about it we can not afford a solicitor for this issue we would prefer to spend the money on the child. He has sent a solicitors later stating he will be taking the child on the 27th what rights do we have and where do we stand
Thank you for your question
I shall do my best to assist you but I need some further information first
Is there a court order dealing with when he should have the child?
What does it say?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
There is no court order in place currently, we have a verbal agreement that we have the child alternate weekends. The weekend in question falls on my weekend with the child and therefore do not see why he has right to decide its his weekend, he says he will go to court for the right to have him on the 27th but what would the court say considering this is my weekend
Would you be happy for the child to be collected first thing in the morning?
Claire