13262538

My ex partner is threatning to take me to court, we have a

Customer Question

My ex partner is threatning to take me to court, we have a 3 year old daughter and she sees her dad every wednesday night ( over night ) and every other weekend for friday and saturday night. He also takes her away for a weeks holiday. He has stopped her maintance and play school fees recently due to him being aqward and me making a comment about his aqwardness with this ( I guess just having an opinion which he doesnot like ) since then I asked him to help towards her fees and he said take me to the csa . I have had no option but to do this. He still sees our daughter as I feel this is important but when he has his tantrums he threatens court and it frightens me. Please could u help with some advice on whether he could and on what grounds. Lisa
Expert:  James Mather replied 4 years ago.
Hello, I am Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor in a High
Street practice. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008.
During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions
from satisfied users on a variety of subjects.
Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other
users, I might not always respond in
minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that
case

It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me
while I gather some further information from you in order for me to be able to
advise you fully.

Does he have a contact order in place?
Thank you for your question
I shall do my best to assist you but I need some further information first.
What extra contact is he asking for and what does he wish to achieve in court?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

he is not asking for any extra contact and not sure what he wanst to achieve my only guess would be full custody as he sees her regulary even though no help with her fincially at the minute.

At this stage simply go ahead with your application to the CSA and ignore his threats of court.
Your child already has regular close contact with her father and there is no reason to think that a Court will change the existing arrangements unless there is some question about your ability to be a good parent - which I am sure there are not.
I hope that this is of assistance please let me know if you need further details
Claire