James Mather
James Mather,
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
11292137

hi please can you tell me, on Monday my son is going to court

Customer Question

hi please can you tell me, on Monday my son is going to court to see if he get custody for his baby 3 days old. social worker is fighting to have the baby put in to foster, because his ex girl friend was taking some kind of drugs, my son has never been down that road nor have l or any body in our family. If they put the baby in foster care can l still see her, as l am her nan, she will be the one out of all my grandchildren fostered out to some on, lam wondering if this social worker might think l am to old 55years old. I had 7 children and 14 grandchildren, please can you help what chance do l have.

many thanks Julia
Thank you for your question
I shall do my best to assist you but I need some further information first.
Does your son have a solicitor and do you mean that you wish to be considered as a permanent carer for the child?
Claire