How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Kasare Your Own Question
Kasare, Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 204
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Kasare is online now

this regards XXXXX XXXXX grandson bailey aged 9. our son separated

Customer Question

this regards XXXXX XXXXX grandson bailey aged 9. our son separated with his partner some years ago but bailey still came to stay with us and his father. this stopped suddenly 2 years ago when baileys mother accused his father of biting him. this was disproved and social services and police said there was no case to answer. despite this and an attempt with mediation. baileys mother will not allow any contact .our son pays child maintenance but cannot see his son.we cannot afford solicitor.
is there any course of action he can take?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question
I shall do my best to assist you but I will need some further information first.
Please confirm that it has been two years since your son saw his child?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

it is nearer 4 years since our son saw his son. it is over 2 years since we tried mediation with the local social services which was going very well but baileys mother walked away without any exploanation

Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
May I ask (as the court will) why your son has taken no action before now?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

one reason is he fears what further accusations may come his way as baileys mother has done before. and she has threatened an injunction against us. we are trying to be reasonable so as not to cause undue stress on bailey

Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Is your son now ready to make a formal application?

Related Family Law Questions