Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

My husband and I separated in December 2011 and have a separation

Customer Question

My husband and I separated in December 2011 and have a separation agreement in place regarding splitting of property and finances. In this agreement it also sets out where our children live and the contact they have with the other parent. This has been working well since it came into force. Our youngest son starts school in September and until now, as per the agreement we have both been paying half of his nursery fees. The agreement states that when he starts school we would meet and agree maintenance payments. I had this meeting to tonight and my ex has refused to make payments directly to me- without substance he says he will only pay money direct to the children's school club fees and not to me. I have told him I will get in touch with the CSA but now I'm scared as he has threatened to take me to court and I suspect he will also claim I am unfit to care for the children as I have had a failed relationship since our split and have been off work with anxiety for the last two and half months. I am going back to work soon but can he get custody of my children even though clearly this would be a spite move? He has made absolutely NO representations to anyone until now that he has had any concerns. It is only now we are discussing money that he is threatening this action. Please help?