Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

my wife left me on 16th July 2012 and moved opposite, she says

Customer Question

my wife left me on 16th July 2012 and moved opposite, she says she does not want a divorce but expects me to hang on. she has just renewed her tenancy which i have just found out. i have a final sallery pension which i want to tie up for my children, i do not want her getting hold of it.
Thank you for your question
I shall do my best to assist you but I need some further information first.
Who do the children live with?
Who owns the house that you live in?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hello Claire,

my children currently reside with there mother, my daughter has told me she does not want to live with me unless we are all under one roof, my 8 year old son however wants to live with me so i would be looking at going for custody of him. The mortgage was in just my name but when we married i had my wife's name added. i have to attend court on the 9th as a debt in my wifes name has resulted in a CCJ being applied to my property, as i currently live here it is now my responsibility.

How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
What other assets and debts are there and how much do you each earn?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I earn approximately 36k / year i believe my wife earns about 13k. the haouse was valued at 340k last year ans the mortgage is around 230k so we have some equity

Has your ex indicated whether she will push for an early settlement?
Claire