Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

Family Court Hearing: I divorced my wife for unreasonable behaviour.

Customer Question

Family Court Hearing: I divorced my wife for unreasonable behaviour. In turn, she made a financial settlement claim. A District Judge has made a preliminary judgement on the properties and their ownership in the UK and Romania. Also making the applicant (my ex wife) responsible for valuation of the property in Romania, which she refuses have valued, despite many court directional hearings instructing her do so. My ex-wife (applicant) has appealed this judgement and the case has been sent to Circuit Judge. Question: Can the circuit overturn a District Judge's decision or does the case have to heard by a higher court. The reason I ask is that the case has taken 2 years so far and the costs are out of proportion to the value of the assets

Hi Thank you for your question I shall do my best to assist you but I need some further information first. What are the grounds on which the appeal is based? Claire

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an information request here from the Expert. This means they need to know more details before they will be able to give you a full answer.