Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

Charging Order

Customer Question

I am applying for a charging order on my ex's house as he has not paid 10,000 which was part of the divorce settlement 5 years ago. He had 2 years to pay it which makes the debt 3 years late. He has sent me a letter which I received yesterday, saying he is applying for timing, clause 6 on the consent order, can he do this? The court day is tomorrow for the Judge to decide, I don't have a solicitor as I cant afford one. I would have thought that if he wanted to have more time he should have applied 3 years ago when the debt was due to be paid, not wait until I have gone to the court to get them to enforce this order. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Chris   XXXXXXXX

Thank you for your question - I shall do my best to assist you but I need some further information first
What does clause 6 of the Order say and what explanation has your ex given for the delay in payment?
Claire