13262538

couple been together 14 years. 3 children 10.7 and 5. the dad

Customer Question

couple been together 14 years. 3 children 10.7 and 5. the dad has not seen children since october on his own request. our house is sold at a rediculously low price just to stop the children suffering anymore. dad saw 10 year old daughter today he said he wanted to see her again. no trust. what is the best option please?
Thank you for your question
I shall do my best to assist you but I need some further information first
What contact is he actually asking for and does the child wish to see her father?
Does he also wish to see the younger child?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

he was violent to there mum and they witnessed this. they have all lived ok outside the doctors where she was taking middle son and said he wanted to see her ,mum is now frightened he may take the children as he has threatened it before. what should she do?

What contact is the father actually asking for?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hes saying now he wants to see them, but there hasn't been any contact since October because he kicked the car in? I asked him for reg contact 1 night in the week plus fri over night. He said he couldn't do this because he does clubs also saturday night he couldn't either because he goes out. I think he just wants odd days here & there... Which I don't think is good for the children

Just to check - you would in fact be happy for him to have the children overnight?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Not now! the solicitor advised me to cut all contact now + domestic vilolence unit advised me not to have any contact either. How can I stop him coming up to the children in the street?

I am afraid that unless he is threatening towards you or the children then you will not be able to do so at this stage.
If he is threatening then you can get an Injunction stating that he should on approach you or the children
However you also need to be aware that if he applies to the court for contact then he mat well be offered Contact at a Local Contact Centre - however in that event you can ask for a Residence Order to ensure that the children are always returned
I hope that this is of assistance
Please ask if you need further details
Claire