How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

the person in question has three children and has bveen separated

Customer Question

the person in question has three children and has bveen separated from their mother for 3 years. he has been inb full time employment but has never paid child maintenance. the mother therefore has had to claim from the state. she is now in a full time relationship and is expecting a child with her new partner. obviously as a couple they have forfieted state aid but are needing contributions for the other mans children. he is behaving irresponsibly and has given his notice in before finding alternative employment. where does the mother stand in relation to attempting to obtain money for his children?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question
I shall do my best to assist you but need some further information first
How old are the children and is their father currently working?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an information request here from the Expert. This means they need to know more details before they will be able to give you a full answer.

Thank you,