Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

my partner has left me he has been seeing another woman for

Customer Question

my partner has left me he has been seeing another woman for over a year, he has been taking cocaine and other drugs. i have no idea where he is and cannot contact him as i have no telephone number for him. i dont want to risk losing my house under the circumstances can i sell the house without him. we have a joint mortgage which is paid from his bank account but i have no way of knowing if he is still paying it.
Thank you for your question
I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage
When did your ex leave and have you phoned the mortgage company and checked the position?
Are there any children involved?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

He disappeared completely 3 weeks ago, there are no children involved. As close as i can estimate the house is worth around 130,000 with approx 105,000 left to pay. If I cant sell the house without his permission is there any way I can change the mortgage supplier and pay it from my account without him having to be involved?.

Do you wish to sell the property at the moment?
Is there any reason why you cannot simply take over the current payments?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I cannot afford the payments at thier current level, if icould sell the property or remortgage it for the amount left owing I could afford to do it but will they allow me to do this without his signature or approval. My son and daughter are prepared to buy the house for me as at my age I do not think I would get a mortgage, I will be 51 next year.

Just to check - were you married and how long have you lived together?How was the purchase funded?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

not married lived together 14 years mortgage with bank

Where dis the deposit come from?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

from my partner

How much did your partner put in and was it protected with a Declaration of Trust?
Claire
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an information request here from the Expert. This means they need to know more details before they will be able to give you a full answer.