Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

Can you pse help me with this. My daughter and husband are

Customer Question

Can you pse help me with this. My daughter and husband are now divorced, having gone to Court in May. The Court awarded my daughter a sum of money to be paid 56 days after the Court hearing - this time is now well and truly up. My ex son-in-law has paid her some of the awarded sum, but stills owes her £60,000. She is trying to buy a house for her and her two children - he is staying in the family home. I believe he is now in Contempt of Court and her solicitor has written a number of times to his solicitor; they do not answer, nor does he. At the moment they are all living in the same house; she cannot move until she receives this £60,000. I know she can take him to Court again, but has been told this will take up to 3 months and the costs will be high. My husband and I are at a loss to understand how the Law can be ignored in this way - he has never done anything within the allotted time, i.e. production of forms, salary information, pension information etc.
We do not know how to help her, where to go for advice. Can he do just as he pleases with no regard for the Law?
Thank you for your question
I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first
I have to ask - woudl she not rather stay in the existing property without him?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

In the settlement, he got the house (and another property which he rents out), he also has shares in his company (it seems he did not wish to move out of the family home, or sell his 2nd house, or sell any shares). Therefore, the court awarded my daughter an amount, of which he still owes £60,000. She cannot complete the purchase of a house for her and the 2 children, until she receives this amount. And which is now overdue.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Have replied a few minutes ago.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Other
I need more time to think. In the circumstances, I request a refund.
My apologies for the delay
I understand that he does not wish to move out - but would your daughter be happy to force a sale - and if so is there sufficient equity for her to get her money from this?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for trying - but the reply is of no help. As I have already indicated, I request a refund of £33.

Ann Powell

I haven't actually given you an answer yet - although I do see a couple of options for your daughter - however I have now asked Customer Services for a refund - although as I understand it you can do it from your side of the site as well!
Claire