Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

Hi My ex-partner (we werent married) paid private school

Customer Question

My ex-partner (we weren't married) paid private school fees for our son and suddenly stopped a couple of years ago so, with difficulty and using the last of my nest egg, I have paid since. Can I use schedule 1 of the Childrens Act to go to court to see perhaps if he is able to pay the remaining 4 years until he's 18? Also I have recenty been unable to get a mortgage as my maintenance is not court ordered; can I go to court to do this too - and more importantly, do you know how much it might cost me?

He used to net over £100k pa although now is is married (but they do not live together), so are running two homes, three vehicles, holiday home.

Any help or guidance is much appreciated.

Thank you for your question
I shall do my best to assist you but I need some further information first
Have you applied to the CSA to deal with the maintenance?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hello Claire

To date we have not used the CSA - he used the CSA calculator to estimate what level of maintenance he should pay and I have received this for about 8 years. We have had our own arrangement, so far. I have been wondering whether to approach the CSA or court to see if I am entitled to more maintenance, as I haven't had an increase.

Look forward to hearing.

Michelle

Do you have any idea of how much your ex earns?
Claire
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an information request here from the Expert. This means they need to know more details before they will be able to give you a full answer.