13262538

My husband and I, have just been told by social services that

Customer Question

My husband and I, have just been told by social services that they are not going to go any further with our Special Guardianship. They have told us we can appeal the decision if we want to, but I am not sure if we'd be entitled to legal aid?
Thank you for your question
I shall do my best to assist you bit need some further information first
How old are the children and why have they stopped the assessment?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Leo is 5 and Morgan is 3. The social worker who came to see us, told us that in her opinion, myself and Steve weren't suitable as the boys's special guardians as, we didn't share the local authority's concerns about the boys and our friends parenting of the boys and also we wanted to give as much contact to our friends to their sons and the local authority didn't want that. Basically we were turned down, as the local authority felt that contact between our friends and their boys would not be properly managed..

Karen

Ar eyou now willing to re-consider your position on their concerns?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No we are not going to change our minds, as the local authority, have made thei minds up to reccommend the boys go for adoption.My original question was Would my husband and I, be entitled to Legal Aid even though we are both working?.

There is littlepoint in appealing if you are not going to change your approach on the concerns that the Local Authority have - even if the appeal was successful the application would fail again on the same point.
Since these are Care Proceedings Legal Aid is available but it is means tested and if you both work it is unlikely that you would be financially eligible I am afraid
I am sorry to have to give suck bleak news - do please ask if you need further information
Claire