Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

Hi. My husband walked out on me 18 months ago leaving a trail

Customer Question

Hi. My husband walked out on me 18 months ago leaving a trail of bad debt which was transferred into my name. This has left me in financial ruin and a debt agency took over 6 months ago. The divorce came through in December but now he has started to hassle me over access to our 8 year old daughter who he has not seen for 18 months. He pays no maintenance and is now threatening a financial settlement from my house which is in my name. I really need some sound advice but I am not entitled to legal aid as I earn too much but I can't afford a lawyer because of the debt he left behind.
Thank you for your question
I shall do my best to assist you but I need some further information first
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
How much are the debts and what were they used for?
What Income do you each have and what contact has he asked for?
Claire
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an information request here from the Expert. This means they need to know more details before they will be able to give you a full answer.