Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

My daughter is separated from her husband but is still living

Customer Question

My daughter is separated from her husband but is still living in the same house with the 3 children. Although is hasn't hit her he very often gets very close to her and starts shouting.Her eldest daughter who is 11 and suffers from ME told her mum that she was frightened what daddy was going to do to her. They go to mediation to try and sort out the finances but he just tries everything to try and make her leave. He has threatened to throw her son out who is 18 but it has been his home for the last 12 years. She is frightened that he may have a go at her son to try and make him fight back and although she has told him not to retaliate she is frightened that he may not be able to help himself.
Thank you for your question
I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
How old are the children and who has their day to day care?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

the house is worth about £180000.00 with a mortgage of £40000. the children are 3, 10. and 18 and my daughter has their day to day care

Has she issued the Divorce proceedings and how long has this been going on?
Claire