Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

My ex husband has been diagnosed as terminally ill and has

Customer Question

My ex husband has been diagnosed as terminally ill and has our 15yr old son as his next of kin.. He has 3 other sons who are older but who are estranged, 2 from a previous marriage and my sons older brother. Can he legally be classed as his fathers next of Kin due to his age?
Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.

Hello, I am Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor in a High
Street practice. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008.
During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousand's of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects.
Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in
minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that case.

It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me while I gather some further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?