13262538

My sons (15 years old) father is demanding that he goes away

Customer Question

My sons (15 years old) father is demanding that he goes away with him for a week and he does not want to go his father says he has a court order stating he has access over the summer for 2 weeks - there is nothing on the consent order from our divorce that states that and we do not have a custody order - so I have no idea what he is referring to - can he make him go
Thank you for your question I shall do my best to help you.
Whether or not he had an order - which very clearly he does not - (beleive me you would have remembered the court proceedings) it would not matter.
At 15 it is up to your son whether or not he sees his father and no court would force him to see him if he didn't wish to do so
Your son can simply refuse to go without either of you being concerned about consequences
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Claire