Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

If ur partner 15 weeks pregnant decides to leave Uk for Japan

Customer Question

As the future father can i stop her or have access to the baby once born and staying in japan
Thank you for your question
I shall do my best to help you
I am afraid that you have no rights until the baby is born and accordingly there is no basis on which you can prevent your partner from leaving.
Once the baby is born you can apply for contact to the courts in Japan
However disappointing I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further information
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thanks

Would there be access under THE HAGUE CONVENTION as it has been just passed by the Japanese Parliament BUT NOT PASSED in to Law yet -probably by Christmas

CHEERS

The Hague Convention would not be relevant at all - the child would have been born in Japan and would be subject to standard Japanese Family law
Claire
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an unrated answer waiting for you here from the Professional.

If the Expert was helpful, rating their answer as satisfactory transfers your deposit to them – this is how the Expert is compensated.

To rate your answer, you can go to your question page, and click one of the five faces below your Expert's answer. Please be sure you are logged in with your username and password or you will not be able to view or rate your answer.

If you still need help with your question, please feel free to reply to the Expert on this question page. You may ask as many follow-up questions on the same question page as you need until you are satisfied.