13262538

I have been divorced for over 33 years and was wondering whether

I have been divorced for over 33 years and was wondering whether my ex wife is entitled to any of my private pension. There was no agreement at the time of divorce. All I was order to do was to maintain my three children until they finished full-time education and maintain my ex wife until she re-married.
Thank you for your question
I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Has your ex ever remarried - if not are you still paying maintenance?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes my ex wife has been married for many years. No I am not paying any maintenance as this stopped when she remarried.

At the time you were divorced there was no legal way of sharing a pension - and when the legislation was changed it was not retrospective - so no she has no claim on your pension!
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Claire