Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

Can a Parent claim backdated maintenance payments from a former

Customer Question

Can a Parent claim backdated maintenance payments from a former partner? Also until what age does a Parent have to pay maintenance?
Thank you for your question
I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
No Maintenance can be backdated to a date before the date the application for maintenance was made
Under the CSA rules Child Maintenance is payable so long as a child is under 20 and still in full time secondary education
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Claire
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an unrated answer waiting for you here from the Professional.

If the Expert was helpful, rating their answer as satisfactory transfers your deposit to them – this is how the Expert is compensated.

To rate your answer, you can go to your question page, and click one of the five faces below your Expert's answer. Please be sure you are logged in with your username and password or you will not be able to view or rate your answer.

If you still need help with your question, please feel free to reply to the Expert on this question page. You may ask as many follow-up questions on the same question page as you need until you are satisfied.