Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

my ex partner and 8yr old daughters father refuses to pay for

Customer Question

my ex partner and 8yr old daughters father refuses to pay for her , never had a penny, also denies he is her dad,, what do i do
Thank you for you question
I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Does he live or work in the UK?
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes not sure where he works now but he used to work in londons covent garden veg market ... i have home address in london

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

we were together 8yrs before we split never married , got pregnant a couple of years after we split, he stuck by me till my daughter was born then never showed up at the hospital and changed his number, he knows lola is his child but wont admit it as he has new patner and 2 kidswith her

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi sorry areyou still there?

My apologies for the delay.
Your way forward is simple - you need to contact the CSA and ask them to complete an assessment
https://www.gov.uk/child-maintenance/how-to-apply
If he denies paternity then he will have to pay for a DNA test - and unless that is negative he will have to make payment - if he does not then the CSA can take enforcement action
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Claire
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an unrated answer waiting for you here from the Professional.

If the Expert was helpful, rating their answer as satisfactory transfers your deposit to them – this is how the Expert is compensated.

To rate your answer, you can go to your question page, and click one of the five faces below your Expert's answer. Please be sure you are logged in with your username and password or you will not be able to view or rate your answer.

If you still need help with your question, please feel free to reply to the Expert on this question page. You may ask as many follow-up questions on the same question page as you need until you are satisfied.